can you carry my drink?, i have everything else

17.1.08

tinha de ser eu a dizer isto. desculpem. tinha.

... It's everybody, I mean. Everything everybody does is so - I don't know - not wrong, or even mean, or even stupid necessarily. But just so tiny and meaningless and - sad-making. And the worst part is, if you go bohemian or something crazy like that, you're conforming just as much as everybody else, only in a different way." She stopped. She shook her head briefly, her face quite white, and for just a fractionl moment she felt her forehead with her hand - less, it seemed, to find out wether she was prespiring than to check to see, as if she were her own parent, wether she had a fever. "I feel so funny," she said. "I think I'm going crazy. Maybe i'm already crazy."
J.D.Sallinger, Franny and Zooey

No comments:

It would not only be more human, it would be more humble of us to be content to be complex
g.k.chesterton